Organizations to participate in Open Doors program
Several local organizations will take part in Ohio Open Doors, started in 2016 by the Ohio History Connection to, in part, promote and inspire pride in the state’s heritage.
The following historic sites in Trumbull County will be open 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday:
• Masonic Temple, 211 E. Market St., Warren
• Leavittsburg Heritage Association, 4901 W. Market St., Leavittsburg
• Moss Ancestral Home, 1499 Burnett St., Mineral Ridge
• Vienna United Methodist Church, 4265 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna
• The Kinsman House, 303 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren
• The Harriet Taylor Upton House, 380 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren
• Dr. Brinkerhoff’s doctor’s office and historic barbershop, Bristol Township Park, Bristol
• The John Stark Edward House, 303 Monroe St. NW, Warren.
• McKinley Birthplace Home, 40 S. Main St., Niles
The program is also a way to to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Historic Preservation Act, which established a legal framework and incentives for the preservation of historic buildings, landscapes and archaeological sites.