On the record – Lakeview
WHAT: Board of Education meeting Monday
PRESENT: Donna Zuga, Mary Williams, Larry Sherer, Troy Adair and Jennifer Nicholas
• Announced the dedication ceremony for the new PK-8 school complex off Lakeview Drive will be 5 p.m. Friday followed by open houses 5 to 7 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• Voted 4-1 to enter into a contract with the Trumbull County Educational Service Center for public and community relations coordinator services at $19,090. Williams cast the “no” vote, wanting the issue to be reviewed further;
• Entered into a contract with TCESC for special education program services at $656,174;
• Passed a motion supporting House Bill 487 waiving offering career technical education for seventh and eighth grade students due to unfunded initiatives by the state legislature;
• Established an Entreprenuership Club as an official student activity program. Sherer said the club will be in connection with a class offered at the high school that will include projects such as cafe in the library;
• Removed Amanda Stark from the reduction-in-force list and reinstated her as an elementary teacher;
• Accepted the resignation of teacher Sandra Hartman, effective Aug. 28.