On the record – Cortland
WHAT: City Council meeting Tuesday
PRESENT: Deidre Petrosky, Scott Rowley, Kevin Piros, James Edwards, Don Moore, Pattie Keller and Mayor James Woofter.
ABSENT: Kathy Fleischer
• Approved an ordinance allowing the city to replace the municipal sign located at the Administration Building, 400 N. High St. The cost of the sign will not be more than $8,800. Mark’s Signs will be making the new sign;
• Heard second reading on an ordinance that would allow service director Don Wittman to purchase a Billy Goat, which is a piece of equipment that would allow leaves to be vacuumed up and taken to another place to be composted;
• Approved a resolution that will allow a property in Bazetta on state Route 46 between Cass Lake Park and Evelyn’s Hair Design to become part of the city so that the property can get city utilities;
• Heard first reading on an ordinance that will provide $9,800 to SCOPE, Inc. to support its services for the Cortland Senior Center;
• Approved an ordinance that will allow fire Chief David Rea to purchase a 2019 Ford E350 Braun Express Ambulance from Penn Care Inc. to replace a 2010 ambulance. It will cost $138,000 and will be paid for through the Fire Capital Improvement Fund.