On the record — Braceville
WHAT: Township trustee meeting Tuesday
PRESENT: Rebecca Rood, Jeff Tucker and Dennis Kuchta
• Approved promoting Chad Bernard to captain and James Klima to detective / sergeant in the police department, both at $11.25 per hour;
• Set scrap tire collection 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 28 and 29 at the road department with a limit of two tires per household for township residents only;
• Heard from residents concerned with traffic issues caused by the Blueprint to Prosperity waterline project on Braceville Robinson Road. Officials said the project has started and project workers are doing what they can to move traffic through the area. The waterline will travel from Braceville north to West Farmington;
• Heard from Zoning Inspector Nick Bellas, who started in July, who submitted two issues to the county health department. The one is a house at 3065 Eagle Creek Road that was damaged by fire and needs to be declared a nuisance for abatement. The second at 3471 state Route 5 is an abandoned home with foundation damage and also needs to be declared a nuisance. Bellas said there were nine properties cited for violations with trash, debris and junk vehicles;
• Set trick-or-treat 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 31.