Niles dog found dead from heat stroke
NILES — Niles police say they expect to charge a pet owner after a dog was found dead Friday after being left outside in the severe heat.
A web posting by Niles police indicates that officers were answering a call when they discovered the dog, left outside with no water or shelter from the sun. A local veterinary hospital confirmed the dog died from heat stroke.
Police are urging residents not to leave pets outside for extended periods of time in the dangerous heat, especially without shelter and adequate water. Also, they say do not leave pets inside unattended vehicles without air conditioning, even with the windows cracked.