Fire damages Southington home

SOUTHINGTON — The cause of an early Wednesday morning fire at a home at 4479 Herner County Line Road is believed to be electrical.

Crews responded just before 5:30 a.m. to the home when a passerby reported the fire, according to the Trumbull County 911 Center. When firefighters arrived, flames were coming from the home.

No one was injured. The residents, according to a neighbor, were away, a report from 911 states.

Matt Balut, chief of the Trumbull County Fire Investigation Unit, said the fire started in a second-floor bathroom. He classified the cause as an “unspecified electrical event.”

COMMENTS