Two people displaced by stove fire

CHAMPION — Two residents were displaced by a fire Wednesday on Kuszmaul Avenue.

Firefighters encountered thick black smoke when they arrived just after 5 p.m. at 5245 Kuszmaul Ave., according to a firefighter reached at the department. One of the residents was cooking fries and the stove caught fire and spread to a back wall and into another room, he said.

Two residents were treated on the scene for smoke inhalation but were not transported to a hospital. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in a short amount of time.

COMMENTS