On the record – Fowler
WHAT: Township organizational / regular meeting Monday
PRESENT: Tom Carr, Albert Crabbs and Jeff Davis
• Named Davis as chariman and Carr as vice chairman. Carr and Davis were sworn in for new four-year terms;
• Set meetings for 7 p.m. first Monday at community center, except holidays when meetings will be second Monday;
• Rehired department heads with a pay increase: fire Chief Fred Yungbluth and police Chief Mike Currington, $700 to $800 per month; EMS Coordinator Todd Metzendorf, $12.75 to 13.25 per hour; road superintendent Pat Arnal, $23.82 to $24.57 per hour; zoning inspector Nancy Shook and assistant inspector Brian Gates, $250 per month plus 20 percent of permit fees split equally between them;
• Rehired part-time employees with pay increase: police, $11.25 to $11.75 per hour; emergency medical technicians, $9.75 to $10.25 per hour; and medics, $10.75 to $11.25 per hour;
• Discussed estimates for chip sealing Cadwallader Sonk Road between Ridge Road and state Route 193; and Everett Hull Road, between 193 and Sodom Hutchings Road.
• Will have fiscal officer Lynn Michalec price new cellphones for squads, fire chief, road superintendent and community center coordinator;
• Approved sending Chris Shaffer Jr. for EMT basic training at $1,400.
— Bob Coupland