Mayor’s family threatened

NILES – Police have enlisted the help of U.S. Marshals in the Columbus area to look for the stepson of Mayor Ralph Infante after the 38-year-old former Niles man was charged with threatening his sister and other family members last week.

Edward Kapturasky Jr. was charged Friday with telecommunications harassment in Niles Municipal Court after allegedly making the threats.

According to court records, Michelle Sudzina, Kapturasky’s sister and the mayor’s stepdaughter, filed a complaint through municipal court on Friday.

It was at that point that Niles police posted an officer outside Infante’s office at city hall. A police patrol car was also stationed outside Infante’s home in Niles through the weekend.

Niles Prosecutor Terry Swauger said Sudzina, who also lives in Niles, brought him a lengthy telephone text message that detailed the threats.

”She was clearly afraid of these threats and threats that were made to family members. We’re unsure whether her brother was even in this area or not,” Swauger said. ”When and if he (Kapturasky) is picked up, the victim will be eligible for a protection order from court.”

Niles police Chief Robert Hinton said that he was informed of the threat on Friday, and that the department acted quickly to ensure Infante’s safety.

“We took this threat very seriously,” Hinton said Monday. “This individual has a history of domestic violence, and has served time in jail, so we treated this seriously.”

Kapturasky has a listed address in Hillard and a former address in Columbus, but has a history of trouble in Trumbull County where he grew up.

In 2006, Sudzina filed domestic violence charges against Kapturasky. Those charges were ultimately dismissed. Kapturasky was found guilty on charges of domestic violence and resisting arrest in June of last year.

In 2007, Kapturasky had his pharmacy license revoked by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy after he admitted to stealing approximately 20 tablets of Xanax from his employer, Drug Store Clinic Pharmacy, to support an addiction to crystal meth.

An investigation also revealed that Kapturasky had attempted suicide on at least two occasions in 2006.