Thu., 9:54am: One dead in Orwell explosion

ORWELL – A woman is dad and a man seriously injured after a house exploded at 4033 Montgomery Road Wednesday night.

Many fire departments, including some from Trumbull County, responded to the blast, which was felt for miles. The Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Office said a natural gas leak caused the explosion and that the male victim may have lit a cigarette during the leak.

The house exploded around 6:45 p.m. The man was flown to a Cleveland hospital.