Thu. 12:17 p.m.: Pot on stove cause of Warren fire

WARREN – Fire officials have confirmed that the Wednesday night fire at a duplex at 317 Parkman Road N.W. was caused by a pot on the stove in the kitchen of the upstairs apartment.

Warren fire Chief Ken Nussle said the blaze caused significant damage to the upstairs, especially the kitchen area.

Four occupants upstairs, including a 6-month-old girl, and one resident downstairs, escaped and were out of the structure before emergency crews arrived around 7:30 p.m. Two people suffered minor injuries, but did not seek medical attention.

Damage is estimated to be about $20,000 to the structure and $10,000 to the contents. The listed owner is Patty Helmick, according to the Trumbull County Auditor’s Office.