Mon., 2:20 pm: Crews rescue pit bull from house fire

WARREN — Fire crews rescued a pit bull when a blaze broke out at 11:03 a.m. Sunday at 1387 Jefferson St. SW.

According to Warren Fire Chief Ken Nussle, the one-story, wood-frame house caught fire Sunday morning while the owner, Pamela Roupe, wasn’t home. Fire crews pulled the unconscious dog from the home and Clemente Ambulance personnel were able to resuscitate the animal.

According to the chief, the blaze did $30,000 in damage to the property and $10,000 to contents.