Howland Branch Library
9095 E. Market St.
Warren, OH 44484
To register for the upcoming programs, call 330-856-2011
• Mommy and Me Yoga, 11 a.m. March 22 and April 12 — Join Miss Brindi for a simple yoga program especially for toddlers and their mamas (parent or caregiver). No experience needed. For children ages 2 to 5. Registration is required.
• Toddler Tales, 10 and 11 a.m. March 16, 23 and 30 and April 20 and 27 — Storytime for toddlers 19 to 35 months old with a parent or caregiver. Registration is required.
• Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m. March 17, 24 and 31 and April 7, 21 and 28 — Preschool Storytime features stories and a craft related to a weekly theme and reinforces the development of early literacy skills. Early literacy is what children know about reading and writing before they can actually read and write, and mastering these skills now helps children grow up to be good readers. For children ages 3 to 5. Registration is not required.
• Read to SomeBunny, 6 to 7:30 p.m. March 13 — Cute, cuddly and nonintimidating bunnies are perfect listeners. Children in kindergarten to sixth grade can sign up to read aloud to registered and certified Bunnies in Baskets (therapy rabbits) for 15-minute sessions. Registration is required.
• One Book / One Community, 6:30 p.m. March 15 — Read “All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr and then join in a discussion led by a reference librarian.
• LEGOMania, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 21 — Children can stretch their imaginations by building creations with the library’s collection of popular LEGO bricks. Finished projects remain at the library. For kids in kindergarten to sixth grades. Registration is not required.
• Minecraft Mania, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 22 — Come play with your friends on the library’s private server. Leave your gaming systems at home — the library will provide laptops for participants. For kids in grades 4 to 8. Registration is required.
• Learning Express Library Online Resources, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 28 — Get an overview of this interactive online learning platform that includes practice tests and free tutorials. High school / GED preparation, resumes and more. Familiarity with a mouse, keyboard and computer required. Registration is required.
• Pups and Pages, 6 to 7:30 p.m. April 3 — Children can gain confidence and improve their reading skills as they read to an uncritical and tail-wagging audience. Children in kindergarten through sixth grades may sign up for 15-minute sessions to read aloud to a registered therapy dog at the library. Registration is required.
• Spring Gardening Series, 6:30 p.m. April 5– Your green thumb will flourish this spring as you learn how to help your garden grow at these sessions. Presented by the Trumbull County Master Gardeners and by the Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District.