Holocaust part of presentation
HISTORY EXHIBIT: “The Tragedy of Slovak Jews,” an exhibit on the Holocaust in Slovakia curated by the National Czech and Slovak Museum and Library in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, will be on display at the Tyler History Center in Youngstown, from April 30 through May 31.
Dr. Rebekah Klein-Pejöov, an expert on Slovak and Jewish history from Purdue University, will present a lecture at the exhibit’s opening event on April 30. Doors will open for a reception at 5:30 p.m. and the lecture will begin at 6. There will be time to view the exhibit both before and after the talk. This event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served.
The Tyler History Center, 352 W. Federal St., Youngstown, is open noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Admission includes a same-day visit to The Arms Family Museum. For more information about the History Center, visit www.mahoninghistory.org.
EVENT CANCELED: The Time Bank Film Club’s move night originally scheduled for Monday has been canceled.
HALL OF FAME: Warren High School’s Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame will induct the 27th class and honor distinguished faculty at the annual awards dinner May 4 at Warren G. Harding High School. Nine inductees will be added to more than 259 members of the Hall of Fame. The first class was inducted in 1993. Tours of the school will be held until 5 p.m. The hall of fame was established to honor individuals who, through their performances and achievements, reflect a credit on the Warren schools (Warren Harding and Warren Western Reserve). For information, call 330-544-0431 or www. warrenschool.k12.oh.us.
FIBROMYALGIA GROUP MEET: The Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia support group meeting will be 6:30 p.m. Monday at the First Presbyterian Church in Warren. For information call Judy at 330-872-7206.
ROSARY SOCIETY TO MEET: The St. Mary Altar and Rosary Society annual spring card party is 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at St. Mary Church Hall, corner of High and Seneca streets, Warren. Admission $5 at the door featuring salad bar, raffles, 50-50 drawing, door prizes and table prizes.
ROAD TO JUSTICE: The John Stark Edwards House is planning various programs for the speaker series on the first Sunday of the month. May’s program will be titled, “State Route 45: The Road to Social Justice” to be given by Richard Dana in conjunction with the Harriet Taylor Upton Association. June will feature Dr. William Trollinger, whom many will remember from last year’s program on immigrants and the Ku Klux Klan in the 1920s. Trollinger will present “Statues, Flags and the Ongoing Battle Over the Civil War,” hosted by the McKinley Memorial Museum in Niles on June 2.
Walking tours are also being planned May 11 with downtown Kinsman and June 8 will feature North Bloomfield.
For more information and for a full list of this year’s Sunday Speaker Series and Second Saturday Walking Tours, visit www.trumbullcountyhistory.org.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.