Girl Scouts to hold egg hunt
NEWTON FALLS EASTER EVENT: The 66th annual Newton Falls Easter egg hunt sponsored by Newton Falls Girl Scouts will be held 1 p.m. Saturday at the Community Center tennis courts.
Children ages 2 to 10 can pick up some of the 8,000 eggs, each containing candy or prizes donated by community businesses, organizations and individuals. The Easter Bunny, Shelly the Good Egg and Big Top the Clown will visit the kids.
For information or to donate, call coordinator Sara Sullivan at 330-872-7333.
SUPPORT OFFERED: GRAND Support (Grandparents Raising and Nurturing our GrandDaughters and Sons) is a support group to encourage, educate and equip grandparents who are raising their grandchildren.
GRAND Support meets 6 to 8 p.m. every other Thursday at North-Mar Church, 3855 E. Market St., Warren. Guest speaker this Thursday will be Susan Laird, a counselor and instructor from Youngstown State University, who will discuss “Healthy Boundaries.”
GRAND Support is open to any caregiver or grandparent raising a grandchild. Childcare is provided for children ages 1 month through fifth grade.
For information, contact the church office at 330-856-3496.
INSPIRING MINDS GALA: The 13th annual Inspiring Minds fundraising gala will be held 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Metroplex Center, 1620 Motor Inn Drive, Liberty.
More than 600 community members are expected to attend the gala, which has the theme “A Journey Through Africa.”
The fundraiser will celebrate 13 years of growth and accomplishments of under-represented youth in the community. Scholarships and awards will be presented. Former Inspiring Minds students will serve as event masters of ceremonies.
LINCOLN DAY EVENT: The Mahoning County Republican Party will hold a Lincoln Day Dinner April 30 at the Maronite Center, 1555 S. Meridian Road, Austintown. Guest speaker will be Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.
A general reception will begin at 6 p.m. and dinner at 6:30 p.m. For information, call 330-629-7006.
EASTER BREAD: Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in Niles is holding its annual Easter bread sale April 16 and 17. Orders can be placed by calling 330-652-2811 by April 14. The two-pound loaves are $8 plain and $9 with raisins. Pick-up time is 3 to 6 p.m. in the educational building on Robbins Avenue in Niles.
CIRCUITS IN ACTION: The OH WOW! The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science & Technology in Youngstown will hold circuit activities for all ages noon to 2 p.m. Saturday. Seed balls will be held noon to 2 p.m. April 20.
For more information, call 330-744-5914.
SLIME DAY: The McKinley Memorial Library in Niles will hold Slime Saturday 2 p.m. Saturday at the McKinley Replica House.
To register, call 330-652-1704, Ext. 4.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St. (state Route46) Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Nar-Anon, 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Parkinson Support Group of Trumbull County — 1:30 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road, Howland. 330-856-4286.
• Evening Connections support group — 6 to 7 p.m., Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-727-9268 or email email@example.com.
• PERI monthly meeting — 11:15 a.m., DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. 330-372-2603.
• Fourth Ward Girard Block Watch — 5 p.m. at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard.