Final walk inside Greene school scheduled
DEMOLITION DAY: A final pre-demolition walk-through of the Greene Elementary School building will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Plans by the Maplewood school district are to demolish the former district school in May.
EGG DROP CHALLENGE: A spring egg drop challenge will be held 6 p.m. today at the Warren Trumbull County Public Library. Participants ages 6 to 12 will build a shield around a raw egg that will protect it during a fall from a tall ladder. Materials (and eggs) will be provided.
BIRDING EVENT: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife and Parks and Watercraft (Scenic Rivers) will hold its third annual spring birding event 8 a.m. Sunday in the Shenango Wildlife Area along the state-designated Pymatuning Creek Wild & Scenic River. Parking is available off Milligan East Road, Kinsman. Join ODNR to observe and photograph the variety of migratory birds. Visit http://ohiobirds.org/ birding-at-shenango-wildlife-area/
EARTH DAY: The Northwest Neighborhood Association will hold a neighborhood cleanup starting 9 a.m. Saturday. Meet at 8:30 a.m. Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. Plans are to clean along Tod Avenue Northwest. Other cleanups include the Historic Perkins Homestead Neighborhood Association, meeting at the pagoda behind city hall off Mahoning Avenue.
ADVANCING GENDER EQUITY: The American Association of Univeristy Women advances gender equity through research, education and advocacy. The Younger Women’s Task Force of Youngstown, AAUW Youngstown and AAUW Warren-Trumbull are co-hosting a district meeting, open to the public 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish Center, 4490 Norquest Blvd., Austintown. The district meeting will educate and prepare attendees to advocate for pay equity, inclusion and women’s issues at the state and national levels. Kayvonna White and Deanna Marchionda from TransAmerica will speak about their experiences in the financial industry. Marchionda, known as The Money Lady, will be launching her book, “The Gift of Money” on April 30. Warren Councilwoman Cheryl Saffold will speak on how to get involved in the 2020 election. State Sen. Sean O’Brien will follow with a brief discussion on some of the key women’s issues at the state level.
JUNIOR GENIUS: The Junior Genius: Learning Through Play will be held 11 a.m. Saturday at the Warren Trumbull County Public Library. The program includes age-appropriate stories and activities that introduce math and science concepts to 3- to 6-year-olds. Through the fun of sharing books and play, the program capitalizes on the young child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm about how things work. Registration is required.
DRUG TAKE-BACK DAY: The Liberty Township Police Department, along with the D.E.A, will be sponsoring National Drug Take-Back Day 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, in the lobby of the Liberty Township Administration Building, 131 S. Churchill Hubbard Road, Youngstown. No liquids, needles or sharps will be accepted.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.
• Newton Township Cemetery Association — 6 p.m., township hall.
• Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission — 10 a.m. Thursday, the Paul E. Heltzel Community Room at the Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission, 253 E. Market St., Warren.