Chocolate, wine fundraiser set
FUNDRAISER FOR AWL: The seventh annual Evening of Wine & Chocolate will be 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Leo’s Ristorante, 7042 E. Market St., Howland. The event will include chocolates, a silent auction, 50-50 raffle and music. All proceeds benefit the Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County. There is limited seating. Advance ticket sales only at 330-539-5300 or www.AWLRescueMe.com.
FAIRHAVEN PLANS OPEN HOUSE: Fairhaven Industries Inc., 420 Lincoln Way, Niles, will hold an open house 9 to 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday for all current clients and their families or guardians.
The open house is an informational meeting for those attending the Niles and North Road workshops. Questions and concerns will be addressed and there will be discussion on how the first transition went and the services provided. The discussion also will include programs and services that Fairhaven Industries will offer starting July 1.
Those attending should RSVP by Monday by calling 330-847-7275 or by emailing Rebekah Nix at rebekah email@example.com.
For information on the Trumbull County Board of Developmental Disabilities and Fairhaven Industries Inc., visit www.fairhavenpgm.com.
SEEKING FOSTER PARENTS: Trumbull County Children Services is seeking more community members to become foster parents as the number of children who need temporary homes continues to rise. These foster children are various ages, and many of them are siblings and in need of a home that can foster them together. There are 135 kids who need temporary foster care and 35 that need a permanent home through adoption. Becoming a foster parent requires certification and training by the state and Children Services, both of which can be provided at the agency. Call 330-372-2012, Ext. 1405 to express interest or ask questions. For more information on the requirements and fostering process, visit http://trumbull csb.org/fostering/.
SEEKING ALUMNI: The Liberty High School Leopard Alumni Association seeks Hall of Fame nominations for its inaugural Distinquished Alumni Hall of Fame. The nominations should include the name of the nominee who graduated from Liberty at least 15 years ago and have earned achievement in his or her profession and / or extended themselves within his or her community. Nominations must be received by March 21 at www.liberty leopardalumni.org.
GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP: A grief support group to help those who have lost a loved one will be 6 p.m. Tuesdays at Ohio Living Lake Vista Clubhouse, 303 N. Mecca St. Cortland. Call 330-638-2420 for more information or to register.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.
• Peer to Peer Domestic Abuse Support Group 6 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Warren. Church office, 330-856-3463.