CHALKER CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE: A Chalker Christmas open house will be 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday at the historic building near the intersection of state Routes 534 and 305, Southington. The event will include Santa Claus, music by the Southington Elementary Choir, decorated trees, a cookie bake-off contest and crafts for children.
GINGERBREAD VILLAGE: A gingerbread village for children ages 5 to 15 will be hosted Dec. 15 by the Art Outreach Gallery in the Eastwood Mall center court. Children and teens can create their own gingerbread house for $5.
Each gingerbread house will become part of a gingerbread village display to be displayed Dec. 16 to 23. Children will be able to pick up their work Dec. 23.
Workshop times for children ages 5 to 9 are 10 a.m. to noon; and ages 10 to 15 are 1 to 3 p.m. Sign up by calling Gail Stark at 330-219-7833.
CHRISTMAS TREE FESTIVAL: St. Joseph Warren Hospital, Eastland Avenue, Warren, will present its annual Festival of Trees in the main lobby. There are 38 decorated trees by departments of the hospital and outside vendors.
Tickets are available from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Winners drawn at noon will be Dec. 11 (winner need not be present). Ticket sale proceeds benefit the St. Joe’s Mission fund, which assists the hospital’s Clothes Closet for patients, Adopt-a-School programs and other community projects.
BUILD AN ORNAMENT: The Howland Library Branch will hold the craft program “Fill and Build Ornaments” 2 p.m. Saturday. Participants will decorate glass ornaments.
All supplies will be provided. The class is for adults only. Hot glue guns and fragile elements will be handled. Class will be led by instructor Lisa Vulovich of Cortland. Class size is limited and registration is required.
HOLIDAY DISPLAY: A Christmas china display will be shown noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Niles Ward-Thomas Museum, 503 Brown St., as part of the McKinley Christmas celebration.
The china pattern “Holly Holiday” creates a holiday scene that is accented by red and green tableware. There is a tea set, musical figurines and matching salt and pepper sets, candle holders, candy dishes and dessert serving dishes that hold mini cupcakes and festively wrapped candy pieces.
DOG ADOPTION FAIR: The Mosquito Lake Dog Park Friends along with The Voices Of the Trumbull Pound Dogs are hosting an Adoption and Wellness Fair 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Niles Wellness Center, 213 Sharkey Drive, Niles. There will also be a Chinese auction, basket raffle and a 50 / 50 drawing. Several speakers are scheduled to attend.
SANTA TO VISIT GIRARD: The Girard Dairy Queen, 201 S. State St., will welcome Santa Claus noon to 2 p.m. Saturday. Santa will arrive by fire truck.
KRIS KRINGLE EVENT: The Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., will hold a Kris Kringle luncheon noon Tuesday. Santa Claus will arrive.
For reservations, call 330-545-6596. Holiday cookie decorating will be 9:15 a.m. Dec. 18. Holiday Family Night will be 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 20 with an indoor snow fight and Santa Claus. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
BROOKFIELD CHRISTMAS: A Brookfield Christmas in the country craft show and play will be 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Brookfield High School. In addition to the fourth annual craft show, there will also be a Christmas Theater Production of “What Could Go Wrong the Night Before Christmas?” as part of the festivities 12:30 to 2 p.m.
Free-will donations will be accepted to benefit the Brookfield Drama Club. For information, call 330-207-3696.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Life Support — 7 p.m., Maranatha Church, 2570 Elm Road Ext., Cortland, Christian support group for recovering addicts, alcoholics and their families.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group — 2:30 p.m., boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.