On the record – Southington
WHAT: Township trustee special meeting Wednesday
PRESENT: Sam Plott, Cindy Speaker and Dan Tietz
• Met with Champion Township trustees and Southington fire Chief Chris Plott and Champion fire Chief John Hickey on a new emergency medical service agreement for Champion to provide service to Southington. Officials discussed mutual concerns. The Champion trustees will act on the agreement at their meeting Monday;
• Accepted the resignation of road department laborer Daniel Zakrajsek, effective today, who has accepted a position with the Trumbull County Sheriff’s Office as a corrections officer. Zakrajsek served for two years with the road department. Plott said they will seek resumes and applications for filling the position through 6 p.m. Dec. 12. For information, call a trustee or road supervisor Bruce Mollohan at 330-889-3363;
• Are asking residents to have house numbers visible from the road so safety vehicles can find the houses. Reflective signs are available from the fire chief or zoning inspector;
• Approved fiscal officer Shelly Hall, Trustee Dan Tietz, Plott, firefighter Dave Cummins, and resident Clinton Tucker Plott to the fire dependency board for 2019. Tietz will serve as chairman, Plott as vice chairman and Hall as secretary;
• Set the township tree lighting for 6 p.m. Saturday at township center.