Clocks, Christmas displays set up
WARD-THOMAS OPEN: The Niles Historical Society will hold its monthly open house of the Ward-Thomas House, 503 Brown St., Niles, from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, with the last tour beginning at 4 p.m. The house will be decorated for Christmas and antique Ansonia clocks will be displayed throughout the museum.
The membership meeting will be 10 a.m. Saturday in the Westenfield Room. The society will participate in McKinley Christmas from noon to 4 p.m. Dec. 8, along with the McKinley Birthplace Home, McKinley Memorial Library and McKinley Museum. A trolley will shuttle patrons among the sites.
The Ward-Thomas House will host children’s activities, storytelling, refreshments and tours of the house.
Calendars featuring pictures of “Early Schools in Niles” are on sale for $10 plus shipping. Calendars may be ordered by calling 330-652-8329.
COUNCIL MEETING RESCHEDULED: The Senior Services Advisory Council meeting has been rescheduled to noon Dec. 3. All meetings take place at the 2931A Youngstown Road SE, Warren, office of the senior levy administrator.
FARMER LUNCH SERIES: The Ohio State University Extension, Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District and the Natural Resources Conservation Service will host extension agent David Marrison 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Trumbull County Agriculture Center, 520 W. Main St., Cortland, for the first of the Trumbull County Farmer Lunch series.
Marrison will discuss recent changes to the tax law and how that will affect local farmers. He will also discuss other farm management topics that are relevant going into tax season.
Cost for the program is $7 and includes lunch. Call 330-638-6783 to register or for more information.
PARISH TO HOST MISSION: As part of its ongoing 165th anniversary year celebration, St. Stephen Parish, Niles, is sponsoring a mission “The Loving Mercy of God,” presented by the Rev. Brian Walker from the St. Pius V Dominican Community of Chicago.
The mission will be held 7 p.m. Saturday through Tuesday in the church, 129 W. Park Ave., Niles. Admission is free. A freewill offering will be taken to benefit the Dominican men in formation and older friars.
For information, contact St. Stephen rectory at 330-652-4396.
WELCOME SANTA: Girard Free Library will hold its annual Welcome Santa to Girard at 6 p.m. Monday. The Girard High School bands and the choir will perform. There will be crafts available and a visit with Santa Claus.
CHRISTMAS CONCERT: Youngstown St. Patrick Church, 1420 Oak Hill Ave., will hold a concert 1:30 p.m. Sunday and feature advent and Christmas music, performed by the church choir. The concert is free.
CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE: The Girard Historical Society is presenting “Christmas Time is Here” 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and Dec. 8 and 9 at the Barnhisel House, 1011 N. State St. There are decorated trees in each of the rooms of the house. Guided tours and more information are available by calling 330-883-3847 or 330-307-5388.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org