MEMORIAL EVENT: The 15th annual Kelly Jo Carlson Memorial Swim Meet will be held noon Oct. 20 at Warren G. Harding High School natatorium. Those attending will receive an event T-shirt. The meet, which is under the banner of Special Olympics, is hosted by Fairhaven School and is a qualifier for the state meet to be held later in the year. Approximately 150 swimmers from special education throughout northeastern Ohio will be participating. Carlson, who died at 33 on April 21, 2004, was a competitive swimmer at Warren Western Reserve High School and enjoyed volunteering and had helped at Special Olympics events since she was a child.
ROTARY BALL DROP: The Warren Rotary Foundation will host a golf ball drop Saturday at the Warren Amphitheater during the Trumbull County Make A Difference Day. The foundation has presented grants to non-profit organizations since its inception. Golf balls will be sold 10 a.m. to 1 pm. with Mayor Doug Franklin dropping the balls from the city’s bucket ladder truck around 1 p.m.
PUMPKIN WALK: Mill Creek MetroParks will present a Pumpkin Walk at Twilight until 8 p.m. Sunday at Fellows Riverside Gardens. The public can walk along the gardens of pumpkins lining the paths starting at 5:30 p.m. The public has helped carve pumpkins for display during the event. For information, call 330-740-7116.
LEAVES COLLECTED: Girard will require the use of lawn bags for the annual leaf collection. Leaves raked out to the street will not be picked up by the city. The city has purchased a bulk quantity of bags that will be available to residents while supplies last. Bags can be picked up 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Monday to Nov. 17 at the city street department, 943 S. State St. The first five bags are free with proof of residency. Call 330-545-1322.
CLEANUP: The Historic Perkins Homestead Neighborhood Association will hold a fall cleanup and winterizing of the garden 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the garden at entrance to Perkins Park, behind city hall.
SCREAM BASH: The Warren-Trumbull County Public Library will hold a Hallo-Scream Bash 2 p.m. Saturday. The Halloween party includes games, crafts and scares. Children in grades 7 to 12 are welcome and should wear a costume. Registration is required.
• NAR-ANON– 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Warren-Trumbull County NAACP — 11 a.m., ACOP Building, 2051 Niles Road, Warren. 330-394-5942.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
• Howland Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Richard E. Orwig Park, East Market and Willow Drive.