OCTOBER EVENT: The township will hold Oktoberfest 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday at the township park off state Route 46.
The Weathersfield Local School District’s Spirit Day Parade will begin at 10 a.m., and travel from Ohltown McDonald Road along Route 46.
Other events include the junior-senior girls powderpuff game at 11 a.m., a bake sale, craft vendors, bounce houses, bocce tournament and, from 2 to 6 p.m., music by the Frank Gallo Band, and from 7 to 11 p.m., by the House Band. Cloggers will perform at 12:30 p.m.
On a haunted walk from 6 to 8 p.m., members of the Mineral Ridge Historical Society and the Mineral Ridge History Club will share stories of the township and the county.
There will also be historical displays.
SAFETY BUILDERS: The Builders Association will hold a Northeast Ohio Safety Expo Friday at the Trumbull Career and Technical Center in Champion. The event will include 37 educational sessions to benefit all employees regardless of business type. The expo area will include more than 50 safety, health and workers’ compensation products.
For information, call David at 330-301-5825.
MEMORIAL GAME: The Girard and Warren police departments will hold a memorial softball game in honor of officer Justin Leo 2 p.m. Saturday at Tod Park, Park Avenue and Washington Avenue. The free event will also include a cookout.
GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS: Gamblers Anonymous will meet 7:30 p.m. Friday at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. Another meeting will be held 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Christ Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road in Youngstown (Cornersburg). There is no charge for the meetings.
Meetings are closed. A person must have suffered from a gambling addiction to attend.
ASSOCIATION TO MEET: The Northwest Neighborhood Association will collect nonperishable foods 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Grace United Methodist Church parking lot on Drexel Avenue NW, Warren.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• Messies Anonymous — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Unity Centre, 1226 Naylor Lloyd Road, Girard. Pam, 330-544-4846.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m., Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.