VICTORIAN COLLECTION: The Victorian Collections and Coffee will hold a fall lecture 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Thomas Meeting Room, second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Library. Mark Holbrook, executive director of the Marion Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, will discuss the history of travel. This is the first of three programs in the series that will be presented by the Sutliff Museum. Doors open at 9 a.m. For information, call 330-395-6575.
HELPING PARROTS: Parrot Hope Rescue, along with Boy Scout Troop 15 member Kyle Takacs, is hosting the Parrot Hope Rescue Bird Show 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the IOOF Building, 371 High St. NE, Warren. There will be refreshments and baked goods for sale, a basket raffle and Chinese auction. All proceeds will benefit Parrot Hope Rescue. Admission is $2. Attendees may bring their birds to be groomed. For information, call Parrot Hope Rescue at 330-931-7736.
BALLROOM DANCE SHOW: The National Ballroom Week Celebration and Show will start at noon Saturday at the Eastwood Mall in Niles. The event will include general dancing, followed by three sets of exhibitions featuring amateurs, local instructors and professionals with General Dancing Sets throughout the day. This year, 38 exhibitions, including eight formations and 14 different ballroom dance genres, will perform, from Argentine Tango and Bachata to Waltz. After the show, the public is welcome to gather at Firebirds in the Eastwood Mall. USA Dance Club Youngstown — Warren Chapter 2015 will feature two dance lessons and general dancing on Sunday at The Orthodox Center, 1025 N. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown. For information on ballroom dancing, go to www.usadance2015.com or follow on Facebook at USA-Dance-Chapter-2015-Youngstown-Warren-OH.
RIDGE SOCIETY MEETS: The Mineral Ridge Historical Society will meet 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Seaborn Elementary School library, 3800 Niles Carver Road.
WALK FOR DOWN SYNDROME: A Down Syndrome Walk sponsored by Putting Downs First will be Saturday at Perkins Park, Warren. Registration is $10 per person. For more information, call 330-847-8163 or 330-507-0888.
SILLY SCIENCE SUNDAY: Silly Science Sunday will be 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday on the streets of downtown Youngstown, as the OH WOW! Center will hold various activities and demonstrations. This is the eighth yeart for the event. The OH WOW! Center will be closed Monday trhough Sept. 22 for its annual facility and maintenance check.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.