EVENT AT GROTTO: The Ali Baba Grotto third annual car show will be noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at at the Ali Babba Groto Hall, 760 Perkins Jones Road. Registration is 8 to 11 a.m. The first 50 registered cars will receive a car plaque. There will be a special raffle for a television. The event also will include a 50-50 raffle and Chinese auction. Proceeds from the event will help special needs children in the community. Call 330-856-0167 or 330-720-2027.
BLOOD DRIVE: Wildare United Methodist Church, corner of North Park Avenue and Bristol Champion Townline Road, will host an American Red Cross blood drive noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday. Featured will be free homemade food and desserts. All donors will be entered into a $20 gift card drawing.
CAR SHOW SET: Liberty Assembly of God, 6779 Belmont Ave., will host a car show Saturday. Register the day of the show. The event will include food, a basket raffle, music and inflatables.
COLLABORATING IN NATURE: “Citizen Science-Collaboration in Nature” will be 6:30 to 8:30 p.m Monday at the Mahoning County OSU Extension Office. Volunteer naturalists will learn about how you can help support and collect scientific information related to nature, such as invasive species. Program speaker Adam Zorn of the Huston-Brumbaugh Nature Center, will show participants how to use a program called iNaturalist, which allows fellow naturalists to discuss their findings and observations. Registration for the event is free, but space is limited. Registration can be mailed or dropped off at Mahoning County Extension, 490 S. Broad St., Canfield. Seating is filled on a first-come, first served basis. For registration and program information, contact the extension at 330-533-5538 or visit go.osu.edu/citizenscience18.
YARD SALE: “Just Older Youth,” the seniors group of New Life Community Church, 504 Youngstown-Kingsville Road in Vienna, will sponsor a yard sale 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday to benefit Young Life. Its goal is to raise enough funds to send several teenagers from Vienna to a Young Life camp next summer.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• Messies Anonymous — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Unity Centre, 1226 Naylor Lloyd Road, Girard. Pam, 330-544-4846.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.