HELMET GIVEAWAY: Trumbull County Creating Healthy Communities Coalition and Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership will hold a bicycle helmet giveaway 3 to 6 p.m. today at Quinby Park in Warren. The giveaway will take part during the farmers market. Helmets will be provided to the first 80 children in attendance. There also will be literature available on bike safety.
QUILT TALK: The Food and Agriculture Committee breakfast will be 8 a.m. today at the Gustavus Federated Church, 8850 Youngstown Kingsville Road, Farmdale. Harold and Betty Babb will speak about the barn quilts in northeastern Ohio, including the story behind the barn quilts and historic farms in Ashtabula County.
HISTORY OF NILES: A Walk Down Memory Lane will be noon to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the McKinley Memorial Library. There will be self-guided tours noon to 1 p.m. followed by Niles historian Ralph Tolbert who will present the “History of Niles from 1890s to 1930s.” A question and answer session will follow. The free event is being held in conjunction with Ohio History Connection Ohio Open Doors to promote heritage across the state. To register call 330-652-1704, Ext. 3.
ASSOCIATION TO MEET: The Northwest Neighborhood Association will meet 6:30 p.m. Monday at Grace United Methodist Church, Drexel Avenue, Warren. Speaker is Enzo Cantalemessa, safety service director in Warren.
RUMMAGE SALE: Trumbull Senior Production Company is having its annual rummage sale 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday to Sept. 15 at 3323 Parkman Road Warren. Proceeds from the sale go toward a scholarship to send a senior to college and also the Salvation Army and many more projects. The Trumbull Senior Production Company is a non-profit company of people 50 and older.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group — 2:30 p.m., boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.