HELMET GIVEAWAY: The Trumbull County Creating Healthy Communities Coalition and Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership will hold a bicycle helmet giveaway for the first 80 children who attend between 3 to 6 p.m. Friday at Quinby Park. Residents are invited to come to the Quinby Farmers’ Market for children to receive a free bicycle helmet and learn about bike safety. The event will also include a pop up market, bicycle safety coloring book and a “Safety on Wheels” activity book. Trumbull County Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) Coalition is a group of community stakeholders and residents with the vision of Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice. For information, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/590088161374837
LIBRARY PLANS BOOK SALE: The Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., will hold their annual Friends of the Library book sale 5 to 6 p.m. Sept. 14, which is presale with $2 admission at the door, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 15 and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sept. 17, which is $2 per bag. Call 330-545-2508.
BIG SPLASH: The Girard First United Methodist Church, 22 N. Market St., will hold the “Big Splash” noon Sunday outside the church as members of the Girard and McDonald Methodist churches attempt to dunk their ministers and others.
ADULT BOOK CHAT: McKinley Memorial Library will hold an adult book chat 6:30 p.m. Monday at the McKinley Replica Birthplace Home. For information, call Carrie 330-652-1704, Ext 205.
COMMUNITY CLEANUP: The Youngstown Warren Regional Chamber, in partnership with Trumbull Neighborhood Partners, the cities of Niles and Warren and Weathersfield Township, will hold a Trumbull County Community Workday 9 a.m. Sept. 15. The work will focus on cleaning up the Pine Avenue / Warren Road Corridor that runs between Niles and Warren.
Volunteers will meet at Waddell Park in Niles. Tools, supplies and lunch will be provided for all volunteers, and the first 50 volunteers will receive a free T-shirt.
Community and school groups are welcome. RSVP to Lauren Johnson at 330-744-2131, Ext. 1216, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• NAMI Family Support Group — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Free Library, 330-584-9213.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group, 2:30 p.m. in the boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• Divorce/Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m., Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.