CITIZENS HOST EVENT: Community Concerned Citizens will host a Party in the Park 5 p.m. Friday at Quinby Park, 525 Austin Ave. SW, Warren, featuring Youngstown’s Total Package Band. For information, call 330-719-3139.
COFFEE AND CHAT: Niles Mayor Steve Mientkiewicz will hold a public coffee and chat event 8:30 a.m. today at the Niles Wellness Center in Waddell Park.
RACE THRU THE PAST: Trumbull County Historical Society will let the public explore its local history. Race Thru the Past, a scavenger hunt in the style of “The Amazing Race” will be 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday. The event is family friendly and open to the public. Teams of two-to-however many who can safely fit in a car can compete for the trophy. Each team will receive an envelope containing six clues about various places, times and stories from Trumbull County’s past and will have two hours to drive around Trumbull County and take pictures of the correct answers. The race will start at the Trumbull County Historical Society, 303 Monroe St. NW. The final clue will be the location of the after party, where pizza and other refreshments will be provided. Families, friends, businesses and local organizations can register teams, either by replying to the Facebook event, calling 330-394-4653, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants need not be local history experts, and staff and volunteers will be on hand to provide guidance. Cost is $5 per person and includes food. Children under age 6 are free.
AUTHOR TO SPEAK: Trumbull County Historical Society will host Andy Olson, amateur historian and author of “Forging the Bee Line Railroad,” 2 p.m. Sunday at the Warren Heritage Center — Kinsman House, 303 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. He will speak on “The Franklin and Warren Railroad: The Backbone to the Erie Railroad.” For information, call 330-372-0237
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.