MILITARY RESEARCH : A military records class will be held 6 p.m. Thursday at the Warren-Trumbull County Main Library in Warren. The class will introduce researchers to military information in print and digital formats available through the Local History and Genealogy Center. The focus will be on American engagements from the Revolutionary War to World War II. Registration is required. Call the center at the library at 330-399-8807, Ext. 202 to sign up for classes.
FARMERS MARKET: A Warren farmers market will be held 3 to 6 p.m. each Tuesday through Oct. 2 at Courthouse Square in Warren. There will be fresh farm produce and specialty items. nutrition education, and yoga. For information, visit www.WarrenFarmersMarket.org or call 330-881-7698
GOLF CLASSIC: The Nick Frankos 11th annual Memorial Golf Classic is scheduled for Sept. 6 at River View Golf Course, with a 9 a.m. shotguan start. Cost of $100 per golfer includes 18 holes with cart, lunch at the turn, dinner and prizes. All proceeds benefit Warren G. Harding and John F. Kennedy Nick Frankos Memorial Scholarship Fund. Deadline for entries is Friday. Call Dave Marshall at 330-847-0274.
DRUMS ALIVE: The Warren Senior Center will hold a Drums Alive program at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays conducted by fitness instructor Anne Johnson. Cost is $2.
USO DROPOFF: The USO Northern Ohio care package distribution facility, 160 Clifton Ave. NE, Unit 3, holds drop off of items 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. second and fourth Wednesday of each month. Items will be sent to those serving the country. Call 888-451-3702 for appointments for other days.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1115, 7 p.m. at the Disabled American Veterans building, 2044 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-369-3388.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 6 p.m., Boardman Park, Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road Lisa Altman, licensed social worker, 330-759-9487.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.