MISKITO FEST: The annual Miskito Pirate Fest will be Friday and Saturday at the Mosquito Lake State Park marina. The free weekend with visitors encouraged to wear pirate costumes will include a treasure hunt, pirate costume contest, games, food and music. For information, call 330-637-2075.
CHURCH PICNIC: Faith Evangelical Free Church, 10585 Windham-Parkman Road, Garrettsville, is hosting an “Old Fashion Community Picnic” at noon Saturday with food, games, hay rides and singing. For information, call the church at 330-527-4068.
OHIO WILDLIFE: Amy Reeher, district administrator at Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District, will hold an Ohio Wildlife program 6 p.m. Wednesday at Brookfield Branch Library. Participants will learn about the creatures that roam Trumbull County habitats.
HANDS ON HISTORY: Mahoning Valley Historical Society will host two hands-on history open houses 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday and Aug. 15. The free events includes hands-on a activities, games, crafts and dress-up clothing. Wednesday is “Famous People and Places” at the Tyler History Museum, 325 W. Federal St. Aug. 15 is “Fun with History” at the Arms Family Museum, 648 Wick Ave. For information, call 330-743-2589.
GRANT OFFERED: The Omega Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma, a society of women educators in Geauga County, is offering a grant-in-aid to a female student who is entering her senior year in college and is majoring in education. The applicant must be a graduate of a Geauga County high school. Interested applicants should contact Deborah Hofstetter, grant-in-aid Committee, Delta Kappa Gamma, P.O. Box 313, Chardon, OH 44024.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Howland High School Class of 1957 — 4 p.m. Perkins Restaurant, Elm Road, Warren. Beverly, 330-716-4439. Spouses welcome.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• Newton Falls United Methodist Church is sponsoring Free Pack Lunches, noon to 1:30 p.m. at the park located at Maple and Newton Drive, Newton Falls.