TCESC art show is this weekend
ART SHOW SET: The annual Trumbull County Educational Service Center High School art show is set to run 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday to Sunday, with closing reception 5 to 7 p.m. and an awards show at 6 p.m. March 28 at the Butler Institute of American Art Trumbull Branch, 9350 E. Market St., Howland.
For information, call Dr. William Young, art show coordinator, at 330-505-2800, Ext. 151.
SESCA TO MEET: The South East Side Community Association will meet 6 p.m. Thursday at the old St. James Building at Rogers and Willard avenues. Guest speaker is Myles Johnson, who will speak on “The 422 Coordinator Project” on construction taking place on U.S. Route 422 from Laird Avenue to Ridge Road.
RESOURCE FAIR: Kent State University at Trumbull in Champion is holding Fair Week today and Thursday. A campus and community health fair will be held 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today and a career fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, both in the lower commons and student union area.
FOOD GIVEAWAY: Deliverance Temple Church, 1849 West Ave., Warren, in conjunction with Youngstown Community Food Center Inc. Gleaners Food Bank will hold a grocery distribution 2 p.m. today at the church. Those attending are asked to bring a state-issued photo identification and utility bill.
MILITARY GROUP TO MEET: The Mahoning and Shenango Valleys Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America will meet 12:30 p.m. Friday at the Consolidated Activities Center of the Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Vienna. Guest speaker will be Capt. Palmer, weather officer for the Ohio Air National Guard.
For reservation, contact Mrs. Janet Oglesby at 330-568-4456 or access the MSVC web site at www.msvc-moaa.org.
MAPLEWOOD SHOW: Maplewood High School will present “Saturday Night Live” 7:30 p.m. Friday in the high school cafeteria. The event is being sponsored by the Spanish Club and the prep bowl team.
SCIENCE DAY: The Ohio Academy of Science District 15 Lake to River Science Day will be held starting 10 a.m. Saturday at Youngstown State University for students in grades fifth to 12th. Students from Trumbull, Mahoning, Columbiana and Ashtabula will attend with their science projects.
The event is one of 16 regional science fairs sanctioned by Ohio Academy of Science.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m. third Wednesday of every month, First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave NW, Warren. Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Brookfield Historical Society — 9 a.m., township hall. 330-448-6828.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., the first, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month, Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.