It’s time for spring cleaning
CEMETARY CLEANUP: Pineview Memorial Park in Warren will begin spring cleanup March 15. All winter flowers or decorations will be removed in preparation for spring maintenance.
Anyone wanting to keep arrangements should retrieve them prior to cleanup. Any remaining items will be discarded, according to Pineview caretakers.
Once cleanup has been completed, spring decorations may be placed in a cemetery-approved permanent vase only. Potted plants, ground plantings and ground decorations are not permitted.
For information, call Pineview caretakers at 330-369-3186.
CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS PARTY: The Brookfield Library Branch will host a Captain Underpants Party 6 p.m. today at the library for children in kindergarten to sixth grade. Registration is required by calling the library at 330-448-8134.
LITERACY NIGHT: H.C. Mines Elementary School’s family literacy night “Paws for Books” will be held 5:30 to 7 p.m. today at the school, 850 Howland Wilson Road NE.
Students will practice their literacy skills as they read to a therapy bunny and therapy dog. A number of stations will also be set up for students and their families to enjoy.
Kids will be able to use their reading skills to follow a recipe, make crafts, which will be donated to a local animal shelter, and play pet-inspired games.
LAW DAY CONTEST: The Trumbull County Bar Association is sponsoring activities and contests in conjunction with Law Day on May 2 at the Hippodrome in Warren. The theme for this year is “Separation of Powers: Framework for Freedom.” All Trumbull County students in grades first to 12th are invited to participate.
Contest winners will receive a monetary prize and an award certificate. The contest entry deadline is March 16. Contest instructions and other Law Day information available at www.tcba.net or call the bar association at 330-675-2415.
MORNING MYSTERIES: Morning Mysteries program will be offered 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the McKinley Birthplace Home, 40 S. Main St., Niles. The group will discuss “Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie” by Alan Bradley.
CRAFT SHOW: Brookfield United Methodist Church, 6951 Grove St., will hold a craft and vendor bash 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. The event will include crafters, vendors, Chinese auction, face painting, gift card tree raffle and food.
OPEN HOUSE: Shepherd of the Valley in Howland and Niles will hold open houses at 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m., Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Youngstown. Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m. Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330 207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.