Soil, water district coordinator to talk at Howland library
The Seeing Eye
THE LAST FRONTIER: Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District administrator / watershed coordinator Amy Reeher will discuss her recent Alaskan adventure 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Howland Branch Library. Reeher will show highlights from her visit to Denali National Park as well as her stopovers to various Alaskan natural resource areas. Free admission.
SOMEPLACE SAFE FUNDRAISER: Someplace Safe, Trumbull County’s domestic violence shelter, will hold the 15th annual desserts fundraiser 6 to 9 p..m. Friday at Avalon Inn and Resort, 9519 E. Market St., Warren. The event will include a silent auction, jazz musician Stan Miller and dinner. For tickets and information, call 330-393-3003, Ext. 102.
COMMUNITY BINGO: Continuing Healthcare at the Ridge, 3379 Main St., Mineral Ridge, will hold a community bingo 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 12. Prizes will be awarded and refreshments will be served. For information and reservations needed by Thursday, call 330-652-9901. Seating is limited.
MARDI GRAS CELEBRATION: The W.D. Packard Band and the National Packard Museum will present a “Fat Tuesday” concert and celebration 7 to 9 p.m. Feb. 13 at the museum. The event is free to the public. Museum doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for a special concert by the Packard Dixieland Band. The museum will be decked out “New Orleans style” and cabaret-style seating will be available for the concert. For information, visit www.packardmuseum.org
SPECIAL OLYMPICS EVENT: Fairhaven School in Niles will hold a Special Olympics inter-squad game 10 a.m. Thursday in the school gymnasium. The Niles pep band and varsity girls basketball team will be in attendance to help encourage and play with students.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Howland High School Class of 1957 — 4 p.m. Perkins Restaurant, Elm Road, Warren. Beverly, 330-716-4439. Spouses welcome.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.