History center wine social set
FOUNDATION HOLDS FUNDRAISER: Shepherd’s Foundation will hold its annual wine social Thursday at the Tyler History Center, 325 W Federal St., Youngstown. The event will include wine and food pairings, entertainment by French Blue, a Chinese auction and a cork pull.
Proceeds will benefit Shepherd’s Foundation. Tickets can be purchased online or by phone at www.shepherdofthevalley.com/winesocial or 330-530-4038, Ext. 2028.
STRESS MANAGEMENT: An “Alternatives for Managing Anxiety, Stress and Depression” seminar will be held 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Ohio Naturopathic Wellness Center (Southbridge West Complex), 755 Boardman Canfield Road, Suite D3, Boardman.
Dr. Ted Suzelis will discuss natural ways to address the genetic, environmental and dietary causes of chemical imbalances. Call 330-729-1350 or go to OhioND.com to reserve a seat.
CHILI COOKOFF: Girard First United Methodist Church, 22 N. Market St., will hold a chili cookoff and bake sale 6 p.m. Feb 17 at the church fellowship hall. Entries for chili and basket goods can be entered at 330-545-4361. The public can vote for their favorite chili and baked goods.
ACTIVITIES AT CENTER: The Girard Multi-Generational Center, Trumbull Avenue, will hold a 5th Ward block watch meeting 5 p.m. Feb. 14.
The center will also hold a Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday breakfast 9 a.m. Feb. 13. Attendees may dress in festive wear and bring a favorite breakfast dish to share.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• AMVETS 106 — 2 p.m., post house, 1243 N. Main St., Niles.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.