Historical talk set for Thursday at Tyler Center
BITES AND BITS: The Mahoning Valley Historical Society’s next Bites and Bits of History lunch program is noon Thursday at the Tyler History Center, 325 W. Federal St., Youngstown. MVHS Executive Director Bill Lawson will lead an interactive program on Mahoning Valley trivia. Lawson will pose questions to the audience about various people, places and events that have shaped the Mahoning Valley. Bring lunch, or visit Overture for their Bites and Bits Lunch Special. Call Overture at 330-744-9900 to order. For information call 330-743-2589 or visit www.mahoninghistory.org.
MEN’S RALLY: A mini Men’s Rally in the Valley will be 6:30 p.m. today at the Warren Family Mission. The event will lead up to the main event planned for April at the Covelli Centre in Youngstown.
SOCIETY TO MEET: The Trumbull County Genaological Society will meet 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at the Thomas Meeting Room at the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, Warren. The program will be an in-depth tour of the local History and Genealogical Room where the public can find resources and discover leads to find ancestors. The meeting is open to the public.
CHOCOLATE CHALLENGE: The Cortland Chocolate Challenge will be 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the library for teens in grades seventh to 12th. Teens will taste different chocolates. Registration is required; call 330-638-6335 to sign up.
BLOCKWATCH MEETS: Girard Second Ward blockwatch will meet 6 pm. Thursday at the Girard Free Library, 105 E Prospect St.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Cortland Class of 1958 — noon, Lake Tavern. 330-637-8616.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• AFCME — 1 p.m., Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 2742 North Road, Warren.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.