Hartford group continues study of local history
The Seeing Eye
SOCIETY TO MEET: The Hartford Historical Society is meeting 7 p.m. Monday at the township fire station, routes 7 and 305 to continue its study of local history.
GAME NIGHT PLANNED: The McKinley Birthplace Home in Niles will hold a Family Game Night 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Families with children of all ages are able to join for a variety of games provided by Crystal Dragon Games and Hobbies. No registration is required.
ROBOTICS FUNDRAISER: Girard Night at the Races to benefit the Girard FIRST Robotics team will be held 7 p.m. Saturday at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Girard. There will be a basket auction and 50-50 with proceeds to help the robotics team at the high school and the Lego teams at the intermediate and junior high. The Girard Robocats FIRST Robotics team will compete March 1 to 3 at Wright State University in Dayton and March 29 to 31 at Wolstein Center in Cleveland.
STEM EXPO: A Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Expo will be held noon to 4 p.m. today at Stambaugh Stadium gymnasium at Youngstown State University. Employers from public and private companies and organizations attend the event to fill both internships and full-tme positions, often with current YSU STEM program students.
PHYSICS OLYMPICS: The annual Physics Olympics will be held from 8:30 am. to 4 pm. Saturday at Youngstown State University Stambaugh Stadium for grades nine to 12 from area high schools. The event gathers high school students who demonstrate their physics knowledge taking part in various competitions, which include mousetrap racer, bridge building, egg drop and ping-pong ball launch.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce/Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.
• Newton Township Cemetery Association — 6 p.m., township hall.