Chocolate Games slated for library
The Seeing Eye
Chocolate Games, a sweet tradition for chocolate lovers, will be 6 p.m. Monday at the Warren Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave. The free event is for students in grades seventh to 12th. For information, call 330-399-8807or visit www.WTCPL.org
HISTORY FROM AFRICAN PERSPECTIVE: The First Unitarian Universalist Church of Youngstown, 1105 Elm St., Youngstown, will honor Black History Month with guest Jimma McWilson, who will present “American History from an African Perspective” 12:30 p.m. Sunday in Channing Hall. This presentation is free. McWilson’s talk will focus on two towering figures in United States history: Thomas Jefferson and James Madison, discussing the legacy of the two Founding Fathers through an African American lens. McWilson also will offer a reflection during worship services at 11 a.m. Sunday. McWilson is the founder of the African Education Party, which directs the Campaign for African American Achievement in the Mahoning/Trumbull County area.
FOUNDATION EVENT: What started as an alumni-based effort to help former classmates is now celebrating 10 years together. The ECHO (Every Class Helping Others) Foundation in Brookfield will hold its annual benefit 5 p.m. Saturday at at the Yankee Lake Ballroom. Country music artist Chris Higbee will perform at the event sponsored by Becdel Controls. The event also will feature music by DJ Hammond, dinner and a Chinese auction. The Echo Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization established in 2009 by Brookfield High alumni who wanted to help two classmates who were affected by serious illnesses. To date, the Echo Foundation has helped over 30 families of Brookfield alumni. The Echo Foundation now has representatives from the classes of 1966 to 2007. Tickets call Lisa at 330-550-2261 or Denny at 330-503-1044.
CITIZENS GROUP TO MEET: The Community Concerned Citizens will meet 5 p.m. Monday at the Quinby Park shelterhouse. Guest will be Jenna Amerine from the Trumbull County Health Department to discuss details of a recent grant. Meetings are open to the public. For information, call 330-719-3139.
TOYS AND COLLECTIBLES: A toys and collectibles convention will be 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Metroplex Expo Center, 1620 Motor Inn Drive, Liberty. There will be a variety of offerings of vintage and new toys. Admission is $3 per person.
BUILDING WITH LEGOS: The Brookfield Library, 7032 Grove St., will hold a Build with Legos program 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday for children in kindergarten to sixth grade. Children can create unique structures with the library’s collection of Lego bricks. Each completed structure will remain at the library for the public to see. For information call 330-448-8134.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
•Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Warren-Trumbull County NAACP — 11 a.m., ACOP Building, 2051 Niles Road, Warren. 330-394-5942.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.