Bringing quilts to the Valley
ARN QUILTS PROGRAM: The Vienna Historical Society will present “Quilter’s Threads: Barn Quilts of Southern Ashtabula County” 7 p.m. Tuesday at Vienna Township hall. The program will include discussion on the Ashtabula barn quilt project and an effort to bring it to the Valley.
BLOOD DRIVE SET: An American Red Cross blood drive will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday at Wildare United Methodist Church, 7211 N. Park Ave. Ext. There will be food and a drawing for a $25 gift card.
ANIMEFEST FOR TEENS: An Otakugumi Animefest for teens in grades seventh to 12th will be 2 p.m. Saturday at Howland Library Branch, 9095 East Market St. The program is free.
DRUMMING PROGRAM: West African drummer Sogbety Diomande will perform 1 p.m. Saturday at the Liberty Library Branch, 415 Churchill-Hubbard Road. The program will let the public experience the rhythms, dances, and songs of West Africa in a performance by Diomande, a native of the Ivory Coast in West Africa, who is a professional drummer and dancer. He has been a member of Ballet National de Cote d’Ivoire, Kotchegna Dance Company, and has been featured with many troupes in New York City and around the United States. Free admission.
HUBBARD OFFERS WALKING: Hubbard school district is offering an indoor walking program for the public available on the upper level hallways of the elementary school. The program is for walkers who wish to log their walks. Registration in person is required with walkers ot be issued a badge they must wear while walking the hallways Walking is 4 to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday. Call 330-534-1921, ext. 4001.
MICROSCOPE MAYHEM: The OH!WOW Center in Youngstown will offer a Microscope Mayhem noon to 2 p.m. Saturday with participants to view everyday materials with a high-powered lens. For all ages. Call 330-744-5914.
FREE CLOTHING: A clothing giveaway is being held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at St. William Parish, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion. Enter through the back door on the south side of the church.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• NAR-ANON– 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
•Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
•Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Warren Stamp Club — 7:30 p.m., Panera Bread Company’s community room, 3641 Elm Road NE, Warren.
• Weight loss and stop smoking hypnosis session — 6 p.m., Yoga Room, behind Howland Administration Building, state Route 46, Howland. Steve, 330-647-0399.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.