Annual Girard fundraiser set
FUNDRAISER SET FOR FAMILY: The annual Lena, Mason, Christian fundraiser will be held noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Hall, 26 W. Wilson Ave., Girard. The event will include a meal at $6 per person, basket raffle and 50-50. The event raises money in order to buy bookbags and supplies for children in memory of Lena, Mason and Christian. The event is sponsored by Mahoning-Trumbull AFL-CIO Union Counselors and Cindy Michael and family. Donations to the event can be made payable to the Lena Mason Christian Memorial Fund and mailed to: 331 Central Parkway SE, Warren, OH 44483.
LAW DAY ENTRIES: The Trumbull County Bar Association is sponsoring activities and and contests in conjunction with Law Day to be held May 2. The theme for this year’s Law Day is “Separation of Powers: Framework for Freedom.” Trumbull County students in grades first to 12th can participate. Contest winners will receive a monetary prize and an award certificate. First-place winners will be invited to the Law Day dinner May 2 at Hippodrome. Contest entry deadline is March 16. Information and rules at www.tcba.net or call 330-675-2415.
GAME NIGHTS: Kinsman Free Library will hold Game Night from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Wednesday. There will be board games and snacks. Dates are Feb. 7, 21 and 28 and March 7 and 14. Special events being planned is “Pizza Pi Day” on March 14 with pizza and board games.
FUNDRAISER TO HELP FAMILY: A raffle drawing will be held Friday at the Lordstown High School basketball game with proceeds to help the Jenkins family whose home was destroyed in a recent fire. The drawing will be held in between junior varsity and varsity games.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• NAMI Family Support Group — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Free Library, 330-584-9213.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group, 2:30 p.m. in the boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• Divorce/Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.