Winged-themed event set today in Cortland
The Seeing Eye
FAIRY FUN DAY: ”Fairy Fun” will be held 5:30 p.m. today at the Cortland Library, 578 Lakeview Drive, where children ages 4 to 8 can put on their wings and take part in fairy-themed crafts, games and a snack. Registration is required for the free event by calling 330-638-6335.
FINANCIAL RESOURCE FAIR: The Trumbull County Partnership for Financial Empowerment, a United Way of Trumbull County initiative, will hold a Financial Resource Fair offering free tax assistance with qualified tax preparers 2 to 6 p.m. Friday in the Veteran’s Services Building, 253 E. Market St., Warren. Those wanting to learn about important financial information or to see if they are eligible for additional financial support should plan to attend. workshops. Participants will have a chance to win a $25 and $50 gift certificate.
Topics include ”Building a Financial Future from a Lawyer’s Perspective,” ”Understanding Credit Reports and Scores” and ”Chex Systems & Second Chance Checking Accounts.”
MARKETPLACE: An African marketplace will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Kilcawley Center Chestnut Room at Youngstown State University for Black History Month. There will be vendors with various items as well as performances. For information call Dr. Tiffany Anderson , firstname.lastname@example.org, 330-941-3419
MAKING MICROSCOPES: OH WOW! The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology will hold ”Making Mini Microscopes” noon to 2 p.m. Saturday. Participants ages 8 and older can make their own microscope with Inspire Works staff. Call 330-744-5914.
VALENTINE FUN: ”Create Your Own Valentine’s Cards” for yourself and to send to the Louis Stokes Veterans Hospital in Cleveland will be held 3 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday at the McKinley Birthplace Home, 40 S. Main St., Niles. Admission is free. Call 330-652-1704.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
•Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse, 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.