Sweet evening helps animals
EVENT TO HELP WELFARE LEAGUE: The sixth annual ”Evening of Wine and Chocolate” to benefit the Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County will be 6 to 9 p.m. Jan. 26 at Leo’s Ristorante, 7042 E. Market St., Howland. The event will include chocolates, silent auction, 50-50 raffle and music. Proceeds benefit the Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County. Advance ticket sales only. No tickets will be sold at the door. For information, call 330-539-5300 or visit www.AWLRescueMe.com
NUTRITION SEMINAR: Women on Mission will hold a nutrition seminar for women 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church, 2640 S. Canal St., Newton Falls. The event will feature Ellie Marrrandette, a nutritional Christian counselor from New Creation Ministers Foundation. The free fast-paced information program will explore mental, physical and spiritual connection. To RSVP, call 330-872-7055.
ROTARY TO HOLD GALA: The Warren Rotary Club will be celebrating 100 years and is planning a black-tie centennial gala Jan. 27. The event will include former Warren Rotarians attending and also feature a specially designed signature dessert that incorporates the Rotary Wheel. A year of various events is being planned. For information or tickets, which are $50, contact Andrew Bednar at abednar@bakerbednar snyder.com.
BUILDING WITH LEGOS: A ”Building with Legos” program will be 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Cortland Library Branch, 578 Lakeview Drive. Children in grades kindergarten to sixth can stop by the library to create structures with the library’s collection of Lego bricks. Each structure will remain at the library for the public to see. For information, call 330-638-6335.
BINGO EVENT TO HELP CENTER: The Mahoning County Medical Society Alliance will hold a night of designer handbag bingo to benefit the Rich Center for Autism 5 p.m. Jan. 27 at St. Luke Banquet Hall, 5235 South Ave., Boardman. The handbags were provided by members of the medical society alliance. Bingo starts at 6 p.m. with doors opening 5 p.m. There also will be a 50-50 raffle and door prizes. The center’s mission is to provide tuition-free, year-round therapy, education and support to families. For tickets, call Mona at 330-941-1532 or https://squareup. com/store/the-rich-center-for-autism.
• NAR-ANON– 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• Youngstown Area Tropical Fish Society — 7:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Ridge, 3654 Main St. Speakers offered. 330-638-4839 or www.yatfs.com.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Parent Support Group — 11 a.m., Heart Reach Ministries, 211 Redondo Road, Youngstown. 330-330-2916.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.