Scholar athletes being recognized in Lordstown
DEDICATION SET: Lordstown Local Schools will be unveiling new record boards and senior scholar athlete boards that the Lordstown Athletic Boosters purchased to honor student athletes. The event will be held between the junior varsity and varsity basketball game with the JV game beginning 6 p.m. Tuesday at the high school gymnasium, 1824 Salt Springs Road. All past senior scholar athletes and record holders have been invited to attend to celebrate Alumni Night
HANDBAG BINGO: The Mahoning County Medical Society Alliance, in conjunction with The Rich Center for Autism, is holding a designer handbag bingo fundraiser Saturday to support services at the school. The new handbags to be used for the prizes were provided by members of the Mahoning County Medical Society Alliance. Doors will open at 5 p.m. and bingo starts at 6 p.m. There will bag raffles, a 50 / 50, door prizes and the drawing for the special Louis Vuitton purse raffle. Concessions will be available. All money raised will help The Rich Center fulfill its mission of providing tuition-free year-round therapy, education and support to families. For tickets, call Mona Bozick, events coordinator, at 330-941-1532.
GATHERING SET: Rescued and Restored will meet 6 p.m. Thursday at the Hippodrome in Warren for an informational meeting and gathering. Upcoming events include an ark expedition and trip to the Creation Museum in Kentucky Friday to Sunday. A Camp Fitch winter retreat is being planned Feb. 2 to 4. Rescued and Restored works to help provide assistance where needed as part of its mission to rescue and restore individuals who are facing all kinds of addictions. Call 330-759-4570 or find Rescued and Restored on Facebook for information.
FRIENDS TO MEET: The Friends of the Austintown Library will meet 10 a.m. today at the library, 600 S. Raccoon Road, with guest speaker Wiliam Farragher, who spent many years in the steel industry. He is credited with designing the steel logo used on NFL helmets.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.