Pastor to give King keynote
DIVERSITY BREAKFAST: The Rev. Todd A. Johnson, pastor of Second Baptist Church in Warren, will give the keynote address at the annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Diversity Breakfast 8 a.m. today in the Chestnut Room of Kilcawley Center at YSU.
LEGO CLUB TO MEET: The Lego Club will meet 5 to 6:30 p.m. today at the Liberty Library Branch, 415 Churchill Hubbard Road. The free event will have young engineers create unique structures with the collection of LEGO bricks.
For children in kindergarten to sixth grade. No registration is required.
GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP MEETS: Catholic Charities Regional Agency will host its monthly bereavement / grief support group 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday at 175 Laird Ave NE, Warren. The office is located on the third floor.
For information, contact Taunya Fuller at 330-744-3320.
JR. GENIUS: Jr. Genius: Learning Through Play will be held 11 a.m. Saturday at the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
Jr. Genius features age-appropriate stories and activities that introduce math and science concepts to young children. The program is for children ages 3 to 6 and a parent or caregiver. Registration is required by calling 330-399-8807, Ext. 206.
CLOTHING GIVEAWAY: Cortland Trinity’s Closet is hosting a clothing giveaway 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, 2576 McCleary Jacoby Road, Cortland. Clothing donations are accepted any time. Lunch will be provided.
For information, call Betty at 440-685-4564.
FOOD VOUCHERS: The Cortland Lions Club recently distributed food vouchers to residents of Cortview in need. Cortview is a senior housing community located in Cortland. The Cortland Lions Club was the original sponsor and instrumental in the development of Cortview.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce/Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.