Girard library to get tech instructor
The Seeing Eye
NEW TECHNOLOGY SERVICES: Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard, will have a new technology instructor who will work the first Saturday of each month and various Wednesdays. For information on classes and for one-on-one appointments, call 330-545-2508, Ext. 104.
UNITED WAY COLLECTS SUPPLIES: United Way is holding its annual second semester school supply drive through Monday. School supplies can be both purchased and donated in collection bins found throughout several Dollar General stores in Trumbull County. The collected school supplies will be distributed to K-12 students before the second semester with the help of several of UWTC’s partner agencies.
Monetary donations can be mailed to United Way of Trumbull County, c/o School Supplies, 3601 Youngstown Road SE, Warren 44484.
HISTORIC HOME OPEN: The Ward Thomas House, 503 Brown St., Niles, is open 2 to 5 p.m. the first Sunday of each month. However, the Jan. 7 event is cancelled.
The Victorian 1862 house has full-size replicas of the Presidents First Ladies gowns and thousands of items throughout the 14 rooms of the home.
A building fund was started with the hope of building a display area for the presidents wives’ dresses of the collection and also a lecture hall. The fund has grown to $10,000.
Tours of the museum for small groups are available at 330-544-2143.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
•Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
•Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
•Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
•Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
•Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
•It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m., Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Youngstown. Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
•Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m. Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330 207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
•TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
•Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.