‘Faces of Heroin’ to be presented
HOWLAND HIGH EVENT: Howland High School is holding a presentation, ”The Faces of Heroin,” 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in the high school gymnasium for grades nine to 12. The event is to educate students about the impact heroin has had on society and communities. This presentation connects the heroin epidemic to school and community. A few recovery and prevention resources will be available.
NAACP TO MEET: The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People will meet 2 p.m. Saturday at the Warren Trumbull County Public Library.
BLACK HISTORY SPEAKER: In recognition of African American History Month, the Mahoning Valley Historical Society will welcome Dr. Leonne Hudson for a lecture, ”The Black Army in Mourning,” 7 p.m. Feb. 12 at the Tyler History Center, 325 W. Federal St., Youngstown. The event is free to the public. Hudson is is an associate professor of history at Kent State University and author of “The Odyssey of a Southerner: The Life and Times of Gustavus Woodson Smith.” He served on the Ohio Civil War 150 Advisory Committee and has received several teaching awards at Kent State University. Free parking available at the center. For information, contact the society at 330-743-2589 or visit www.mahoninghistory.org.
FINANCIAL PEACE: Ramsey Solutions’ Financial Peace University is a nine-week course providing families and individuals practical tools to gain control of their finances and set themselves up for long-term financial success. FPU will be held starting 11 a.m. Feb. 4 at North Mar Church, 3855 E. Market St., Warren. To register go to www.fpu.com/1050582. Through common-sense principles, FPU gives people the tools they need to change their behavior and succeed financially.
MCKINLEY BIRTHDAY: The 175th birthday of President William McKinley will be celebrated 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the McKinley Birthplace Home, 40 S. Main St., Niles.
Celebrate the 175th birthday of Niles native and our 25th president; visit with President McKinley, portrayed by Mike Wilson; take a tour of the Birthplace Home; and enjoy refreshments. This event is free and open to the public.
For information, contact the library at 330-652-1704, Ext. 7212.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Warren Stamp Club — 7:30 p.m., Panera Bread Company’s community room, 3641 Elm Road NE, Warren.
• Weight loss and stop smoking hypnosis session — 6 p.m., Yoga Room, behind Howland Administration Building, state Route 46, Howland. Steve, 330-647-0399.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.