Climate speaker coming to Cushwa
CLIMATE SPEAKER: Glenn Gall of Oberlin will present ”Growing a Livable Climate: Agriculture, Moisture and Carbon” 7 p.m. today at Youngstown State University’s Cushwa Hall, 210 Lincoln Ave., Room B100, Youngstown.
After more than a decade of studying global warming as more than an emission problem, Gall became a board member and agriculture consultant at Community Solutions in Yellow Springs. The organization has adopted regenerative land use as its primary focus.
WINTER READING: Kinsman Free Public Library will hold a winter reading program titled “Reading is Fun and Games” Feb. 1 to March 17. The program is open to children, teens and adults.
This year, participants will be asked to read and complete winter activities to play Winter Reading Bingo. Bingo sheets can be marked off for each activity that is completed. Completed bingo sheets will be entered into a grand prize drawing.
BOARD GAME NIGHT: Board game night for adults 18 and older will be held 6 to 7:45 p.m. today in Conference Room A, second floor at the Warren Trumbull County Main Library, Mahoning Ave., Warren. Those attending can learn a new game, meet people or play games such as Catan, Ticket to Ride and other favorites.
Players of any skill level are welcome, from beginners on up; a librarian will be there to teach the game to everyone. The event is free.
GREETING CARD CLASS: Girard Free Library will hold ”Make Your Own Greeting Cards” 5 to 7:30 p.m. Monday. Materials will be provided. To reserve a spot, call 330-545-2508.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m.Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330 207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Mended Hearts Support Group — 7 p.m., Finnegan Auditorium, St. Elizabeth Health Center. 330-793-2531.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Dual-Diagnosis Connections support group — 6 to 7 p.m., Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-727-9268 or email email@example.com.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.