Battle of the Bulge to be speech topic
BATTLE OF THE BULGE REMEMBERED: Howard “Howdy” Friend, retired Mahoning County educator and administrator, will relate his experiences in the Battle of the Bulge for members of the World War II Heritage Group when they meet Monday. The speech will be preceded by a buffet dinner at 6:15 p.m. at A La Cart Catering, 429 Lisbon St., Canfield. A PowerPoint presentation will accompany his speech, which is based on his action in the famous battle.
Reservations are due to David Frank, 330-757-0515, by Friday.
CHILI COOK-OFF: The Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard, is hosting a Sports Fan Potluck Luncheon and Chili Cook-off from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday in the gymnasium. Wear sports attire and bring a dish to share if not entering the cook-off.
Competitors must call the center at 330-545-6596 to sign up. Information is also available at www.multigen.org.
COFFEE AND CONVERSATION: A Coffee and Conservation will be held 4 to 6 p.m. today at the Flambeau Dinner Club, 2308 Market St., Youngstown. Councilwoman Anita Davis is providing an opportunity for discussion and overview of major happenings and issues including water rates, water infrastructure and summer road paving.
GRIEF RECOVERY: Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home will hold the 56th series of ”Grief Recovery Instructional Support Group” 7 p.m. Tuesdays, starting Jan. 23 at the funeral home care center, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. The recovery groups are open to anyone who has suffered a loss of a loved one and are struggling with the pain of that loss.
For information, call 330-534-1952.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St., Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m., upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330 207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE, Warren.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Dual-Diagnosis Connections support group — 6 to 7 p.m., Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-727-9268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.
• PERI monthly meeting — 11:15 a.m., DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. 330-372-2603.
• Fourth Ward Girard Block Watch — 5 p.m. at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard.
Send items to: Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.