United Way to hold School Supply Drive
SUPPLIES NEEDED: The United Way of Trumbull County is holding its annual Second Semester School Supply Drive through Jan. 8.
The United Way is collecting folders, notebooks, highlighters and other school supplies that can be purchased and donated in collection bins found in Dollar General stores in Trumbull County. The collected school supplies will be distributed to K-12 students before the second semester with the help of several United Way agencies.
Monetary donations can be sent to United Way of Trumbull County, c / o School Supplies, 3601 Youngstown Road SE, Warren 44484.
CHRISTMAS EVENT: Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, Cortland, will hold a Christmas party with musical performances by Caitlin Overton 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday.
#GIVEME5 CAMPAIGN: The United Way of Trumbull County is asking for support of its #GiveMe5 social media campaign that kicked off on Giving Tuesday and will continue through Jan. 2. Proceeds will help provide families, seniors and veterans with basic necessities such as shampoo, deodorant, toilet paper, diapers and various other personal and home care items.
Facebook and Twitter followers can make donations and challenge friends to match the gift. Donation can also be made by texting “GiveMe5” to 41444 or visiting the United Way website, www.unitedwaytrumbull.org.
APPLE AWARD: The Trumbull Career and Technical Center has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for 2017-19 for its innovations in learning, teaching and school improvements. Recognized schools are centers of innovation, leadership and educational excellence that use technology to inspire creativity, collaboration and critical thinking.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Co-dependency and Grief for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse, 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
•American Legion Riders — 6:15 p.m., 700 (motorcycle club), Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE.
• Alzheimer Assistance and Referral Network Support Group — 6 p.m., Girard Public Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard.
• Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention — 9:30 a.m., Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board offices, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, No. 201, Warren.
• VFW Post 2662 — 6:30 p.m. at Bazetta Town Hall.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Parents of Murdered Children — 6 p.m. Girard Municipal Building. 330-219-2438.