‘Noon’ Year’s Eve open to all ages
SATURDAY LIBRARY PARTY: A ”Noon” Year’s Eve party for all ages will be held 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library. Those attending can celebrate the arrival of the new year a little early and in style. There will be music, games, a craft, snacks and a countdown to the noon balloon drop. Fancy dress is encouraged and registration is required at 330-399-8807, Ext. 206.
COLLECTING HYGIENE ITEMS: A collection is being held through Jan. 15 for feminine hygiene items to help area moms. Drop-off sites are Barrel 33 in Howland Plaza, The Lime Tree, Beautiful Whirl’d, Warren Fire Department and Global Fitness, all in Warren. Donations being accepted are anything related to feminine hygiene, such as pads, tampons, razors and shaving cream. Last year, a sock collection was held for veterans.
TEEN GAME NIGHT: A Teen Game Night will be 5 p.m. today at the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library main branch in Warren. There will be video gaming, collectible-card game duels and board games. Special events are hosted the first Thursday of every month for teens in grades seven to 12.
BEAT WINTER BREAK: Those area youth off school for winter break can visit the Brookfield and Lordstown library branches. There will be crafts and games in the teen section for grades five to 12. Hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Friday at Lordstown and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today through Saturday at Brookfield.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.
• Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission — canceled.