Howland welcomes the holidays with tree lighting
SUNDAY EVENT: The Howland community tree lighting will be 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the gazebo by the high school off East Market Street. The event will include a visit from Santa Claus, lighting of the tree, caroling, face painting and refreshments. For information, call Jessica at 330-501-8064.
SOUTHINGTON CELEBRATION: Southington will hold a tree lighing ceremony 6:15 p.m. Saturday at the center at the township park. There will be various activities and visits with Santa Claus.
HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR: The YWCA Warren, 375 N. Park Ave., will hold a holiday craft fair 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
LEXI’S TOY DRIVE: Lexi Cintron, a senior at Austintown Fitch High School, thought of the idea to conduct a toy drive at age 6. She has collected and donated more than 5,000 toys to various organizations helping families in need.
With one year left of Lexi’s Toy Drive, she said she wishes to help as many people as she can through Someplace Safe, a shelter for battered women and children. Lexi’s Toy Drive will be 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday to Dec. 16, with drop-off at Spalon of Sara Morris, 5000 E. Market St., Suite 21, Howland.
VICTORIAN COFFEE: The final presentation in the “Victorian Collections and Coffee” fall lecture series at the Sutliff Museum is Thursday with a presentation on the impact of the Industrial Revolution on architecture. The speaker is Teresa Etzler, owner of Posh Places in Poland. The presentation will give attendees insight into influences that the Industrial Revolution had on Victorian architecture and how that influence continues today. This is the last of three free programs in the series and will be presented in the Thomas Meeting Room on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library. Doors open 9 a.m., and coffee and light refreshments will be available at that time. The lectures will begin at 9:30 am. For information, visit www.sutliffmuseum.org, call 330-395-6575.
AFTERNOON AT CENTER: Sunday Afternoon at the Warren Heritage Center will be 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Kinsman House, 303 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. The free event will include a tour of the historic Kinsman House, which is now home to the Warren Heritage Center.
DESIGNER BAG BINGO: Junior Achievement of Mahoning Valley will host a Designer Bag Bingo fundraiser 6 p.m. Friday at The Metroplex Expo Center, 1620 Motor Inn Drive, Girard. Aappetizers will be served, and a cash bar will be available. Participants must be 21 or older. Tickets can be find on the JA website, www.warren-youngstown.ja.org, or at the door.
• NAR-ANON, a 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren. Bill at 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance 12-step meeting, 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren. For information, call 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group — 2:30 p.m., boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.