‘Talking Turkey’ will focus on bird
LIBRARY EVENT: ”Talking Turkey” will be 11 a.m. Monday at the Cortland Library Branch, 578 Lakeview Drive, Cortland. Amy Reeher, Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District administrator, will talk about the history, characteristics and habitat of the wild turkey at this illustrated presentation, and she will provide take-home information for participants. The event is free.
RELAY FOR LIFE FUNDRAISER: Relay For Life Team, Friends and Family will be hosting a craft show 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Niles First United Methodist Church, 608 N. Crandon Ave. There will be handmade crafters, vendors, food, bake sale and a Chinese raffle. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.
MISSION NEEDS FOOD: Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, is in need of turkeys, instant mashed potatoes and stuffing for the annual Thanksgiving meal Nov. 22. Donations can be dropped off 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Saturday at the mission.
For more information, call 330-394-5437.
‘READ TO SOMEBUNNY’: ”Read to SomeBunny” will be 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Warren-Trumbull County Main Library, 444 Mahoning Ave. NW. The event is free to children in grades kindergarten to six. Children can sign up to read aloud to registered and certified ”Bunnies in Baskets” (therapy rabbits) for 15-minute sessions. Rabbits are provided by Frisky Ferrets, Fuzzies and Feather Friends Rescue and Sanctuary. Registration is required by calling 330-399-8807, Ext. 206.
ELIM CENTER: The Elim Christian Center, 3214 Ridge Road SW, Warren, will hold the 17th annual appreciation celebration for David and Apostle L.J. Pernice 7 p.m. Friday to Nov. 19. Guest speaker is Pastor Alton Merrell Sr. from New Jerusalem Friday and Ministerial Tag Team 9:45 a.m. Nov. 19.
HOLIDAY EVENT: The Harrriet Taylor Upton House, 380 Mahoning Ave. NW, will hold the Christmas/holiday garage sale 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 17 and 18. Sale items will be located throughout the house as well as the garage. The sale will feature fall and Christmas items, tools and collectibles. The public is invited to donate items to the sale. All proceeds will help to maintain the home of suffragette Harriet Taylor Upton , a home that is available to the public for small-party rental. For information, call 330-538-3182.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m., Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
Send items to: Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren 44483